Yes, since Boris’ announcement on May 10th, we are taking bookings for chimney sweeping. We can assure all our customers that we take their safety very seriously. We have strict safety procedures in place to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
BEFORE coronavirus we always operated our business with strict regard to safety procedures which protect us as well as you and your property. We use appropriate sheeting to protect floors and carpets and proper dust control measures are normal. We use an effective p3 dust mask and clean gloves for every job as standard.
We also now have ENHANCED protection in place:
- When booking an appointment, we will ask you to confirm that everyone in your household has been free of coronavirus symptoms for at least 7 days and that no-one is shielding or isolating. We will confirm the same for our household.
- We will ask you to contact us before your appointment if the health status of you or your household deteriorates. We will also ask this as we arrive.
- Please ensure that the route to your chimney/fire is clear and there is adequate space for us to work. Clear out any ashes and move furniture and ornaments where possible, please.
- Please ventilate the room/s with open windows ahead of our visit where possible.
- We will enter your property wearing mask and gloves. These will remain on for the duration of the visit.
- We will observe recommended social distancing and ask that you remain in another room during the sweeping process.
- A clean, disinfected sheet will be placed on your floor/carpet.
- We will issue a certificate as usual where applicable. Please use your own pen to sign it.
- Although bank transfers are preferred to minimise contact, we will accept payment by cash or cheque whilst we are still wearing gloves.
- We will remove and dispose of any consumables appropriately. Used sheets will be packaged for cleaning.
- Finally, once we have left your property we will remove gloves and masks and apply hand sanitiser.
If you need advice or wish to make a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01787 315512.